Planning a Professional Standards Workshop
A detailed Preparation Pack is available for download.
A sample poster for use in advertising the workshop is also available.
A sample Bulletin insert.
Professional Standards Workshop Timetable
|8.15 a.m.*||Set up workshop|
|9.00 a.m.||Workshop Begins|
|10.30 a.m.||Morning Tea|
|2.30 p.m.||Afternoon Tea|
|No later than
|End of Workshop|
* indicates approximate times
REFRESHER Workshop Timetable
Since the refresher workshop is of a four hour duration, it is often held on a Sunday after Worship. Beginning time is therefore late morning or early afternoon and includes two short breaks
Steps in planning a Professional Standards Workshop
- Please read the Preparation Pack document
- Select a Contact Person for the proposed workshop.
- Work out the number of people comfortably sitting around tables of 4 or 5 or 6 your facility could accommodate – this will be the maximum number allowed to register (if your hall is large we generally restrict numbers to 30-35)
- Work out how you want to organize lunch on the day – if it is to be provided by the congregation find out what the cost to the participants will be.
- Work out how you want to handle morning and afternoon tea - some simple bickies, and tea/ coffee making facilities are quite sufficient.
- Check up on the dates available and select your first and second preference.
- Fill out the online Application Form or contact the Professional Standards Officer.
- If the Contact Person does not receive an email within the week confirming the date of your workshop please email the Professional Standards Officer.
- Once confirmation of the date is received begin advertising, - sample posters and bulletin inserts above
- Check the accuracy of the details of the workshop as advertised on the LCAQD website
- In this period you will receive emails confirming the number and names of those registered.
- Enjoy the day.
Online Application Form for hosting a workshop